Second Year 3D Bootcamp
Prerequisite: Bootcamp (first year).
This workshop is split into 2 x 3 hour sessions and is for intermediate to advanced level 3D students. In 3D Bootcamp you will cover the process of creating a production ready character model for feature film and VFX. This workshop will aim to develop techniques to speed up the modelling workflow and improve the quality and photorealism of students work.
During this course students will work towards creating their own hero character design to use in their portfolio, and develop techniques they can apply to a range of modelling tasks.
Each week will cover a section of your character, whether this is anatomy, props, costume, lighting or texturing. Students will take their sculpts to a level where it can be presented as a character design turnaround.
Each week you will watch a demo of the instructor drawing and painting live, you are welcome to draw/paint along with the instructor and ask questions. After each class you will receive your homework assignment for the week, and at the beginning of each class you will receive feedback on your work.
Topics that will be covered throughout the 12 week workshop:
- Sculpting your Character
- Blocking in the basic forms to achieve balance and proportion
- Refining your sculpt
- Unwrapping UVs using Maya and UV Layout and creating multi tile UV layouts
- Texturing (4 weeks)
- Creating beauty renders and wireframe renders in Arnold
The hardware requirements for the workshop are:
- Laptop (MacBook Pro or i7 PC laptop with 16GB RAM are recommended).
- Wacom tablet. Any size is good.
- Notepad and pens/pencils for note-taking.
- Substance Painter