3D Modelling - OCT 2021
THIS WORKSHOP IS AVAILABLE BOTH IN PERSON AND ONLINE!
During our 2-day holiday workshops, you can learn directly from some of Australia’s best professional artists. This workshop will provide an intro to 3D modelling, with professional 3D and VFX artist, Steve Sexton.
This workshop is perfect for beginners who are new to 3D software. Steve will share an overview of the industry, an introduction to essential skills and techniques used in 3D sculpting and modelling, and provide a live demonstration that you can follow - using a range of 3D software - showing his process from start to finish.
The live demo will include:
- Sculpting in Sculptris and ZBrush Core Mini.
- Modelling 3D objects/props in Autodesk Maya.
- Rendering creatures and objects in various 3D software.
- Texturing objects in Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Basic posing and lighting.
Spots in class are limited due to COVID procedures, so register early to be guaranteed a seat if you want to attend the class in-person.
Things to keep in mind...
- The recommended minimum age for holiday workshops is 14 years old, and the content is aimed at beginners to intermediate level artists.
- Participants are responsible to BYO tools. To follow the live demonstration, you will need to bring a laptop with access to 3D software - Sculptris, ZBrush Core Mini, Autodesk Maya, and Substance Painter. We recommend downloading the trial versions a couple of days prior to the workshop for free access.
- Workshop payment is non-refundable.
- Food & beverages are not included. Lunch break 1pm-1:30pm. BYO lunch (fridge and microwave available on site) or purchase food from the food court on the lower ground floor of the Myer Centre.
- We are currently observing COVID-19 safety procedures. COVID sign in required on arrival and hand sanitation stations will be provided.
This workshop is available both in-person and online. If you choose to take the class online, it is essential you inform Jasmine via [email protected] on enrolment to ensure you receive a private link to the live stream.
Instructor Bio: Steve Sexton
Steve is a Senior VFX Artist and is head of VFX at Resin: Animation and Visual Effects Studio. Resin has worked with some major clients such as Disney, Braun, Mitsubishi Motors, Jacob's Creek, Michelin, Bridgestone and Foxtel. Steve's favourite work came from being involved in VFX on Red Dog or Hunters. Steve has studied for many years undertaking a Cert 4 in Multimedia, Diploma of Screen (CGI/Visual effects), Adv Diploma of Screen and Bachelor of Creative Arts (Majoring in screen studies). He has beat the odds to teach himself how to use Nuke.
Steve's advice for aspiring artists is to 'Learn to problem solve'. "We cannot solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them." Albert Einstein.