3D World Building 1
Introduction to unreal engine 4.
Students will be guided step-by-step through the basics of game development software, Unreal Engine 4, to begin creating an imagined environment. Students gain an overview of the engine, how to create, light and render a scene. Students create props throughout the semester which are then made video game ready and placed into Unreal. You will also learn how to speed up a workflow and some pitfalls to look out for.
This course covers:
- Introduction to Unreal engine 4
- Prop modelling in Maya
- Sculpting in Zbrush
- Creating maps in substance painter?
- Creating a scene
The hardware requirements for the workshop are:
- Laptop (MacBook Pro or i7 PC laptop with 16GB RAM are recommended).
- Wacom tablet. Any size is good.
- Notepad and pens/pencils for note-taking.
- Unreal Engine 4
- Autodesk Maya
- Topogun (optional)
- Substance painter