Digital Painting - JULY 2021
THIS WORKSHOP IS AVAILABLE BOTH IN PERSON AND ONLINE!
During our 2-day holiday workshops, you can learn directly from some of Australia’s best professional artists. These workshops are perfect for anyone interested in improving their art. This workshop will focus on digital painting, with professional concept artist and CDW Studios director, Simon Scales.
Simon will share an overview of the industry, an introduction to key techniques and design principles, and provide a live demonstration - using Adobe Photoshop - that you can follow (you can use whatever software you have access to), showing his design process from start to finish.
- Sketching and design theory
- Shape language
- Contrast and harmony
- Greyscale compositions and hierarchy
- Colour theory
Spots in class are limited due to COVID procedures, so register early to be guaranteed a seat if you want to attend the class in-person.
Things to keep in mind...
- The recommended minimum age for holiday workshops is 14 years old, and the content is aimed at beginners to intermediate level artists.
- Participants are responsible to BYO tools. For this workshop you will require Photoshop or other drawing software and a laptop/tablet. You can also use a notebook/sketchbook to follow along and take notes.
- Workshop payment is non-refundable.
- Food & beverages are not included. Lunch break 1pm-1:30pm. BYO lunch (fridge and microwave available on site) or purchase food from the food court on the lower ground floor of the Myer Centre.
- We are currently observing COVID-19 safety procedures. COVID sign in required on arrival and hand sanitation stations will be provided.
This workshop is available both in-person and online. If you choose to take the class online, it is essential you inform Jasmine via [email protected] on enrolment to ensure you receive a private link to the live stream.Register Now