Intro to 3D
This short course is an introduction to learning 3D in Blender. You will be given an introduction to different types of techniques found in 3D software that you can use to build and render entire scenes in 3D.
Intro to 3D is recommended for students with beginner to intermediate 3D skills and experience and will give you the perfect foundation for your art career. The most important requirement is the desire to learn and create, using new software.
The goal of this workshop is to introduce and teach you all of the core principles required to create a cyberpunk underground hideout.
This 12 week online course runs concurrently with Flinders University semesters. Including the two-week mid-semester break, it runs for 14 weeks in total. The course will consist of:
- 12 weekly pre-recorded lectures & demonstrations that will guide you step by step through your projects.
- 6 assignments over the course of 12 weeks (one submitted each fortnight, prior to feedback session).
- *Live fortnightly 3hr feedback webinars where you will receive feedback on your progress.
Topics covered over the 12 week course include:
- Learning how to create a scene from a brief.
- Collecting references.
- Introduction to Blender Interface
- Modelling a prop.
- UV texturing, the easy way.
- Creating 3D buildings from 2D texture sheets.
- Lighting, cameras & rendering.
- Creating pipes & signs.
- Creating Fog.
Hardware requirements for the course are:
- Laptop or Desktop PC or MAC (MacBook Pro or i7 PC/laptop with 16GB RAM are recommended).
- Wacom tablet is recommended not required. Any size is good.
- Headset/Microphone so that you can chat with the instructor in fortnightly webinars.
- Notepad and pens/pencils for note-taking.
Additional Semesters TBA
*As part of the course you have the option to participate in Live Streamed Feedback Sessions. These are live feedback webinars, held fortnightly, with your industry instructor will provide you with direct feedback on your work. If you can’t attend the session via webcam when it’s live, you will still be able to watch the recorded sessions in your own time.
LIVE FEEDBACK SESSION INFO
Feedback Sessions for this course will be held fortnightly on Mondays 6pm-9pm ACST (UTC +9:30).
As part of the course you have the option to participate in Live Streamed Feedback Sessions. These are live feedback webinars with your industry instructor will provide you with direct feedback on your work. If you can’t attend the session via webcam when it’s live, you will still be able to watch the recorded sessions in your own time.