Intro to Concept Art
Intro to Concept Art is recommended for students with beginner to intermediate drawing skills and experience and will give you the perfect foundation for your art career. The most important ingredient is the desire to draw, design, paint and create, using Adobe Photoshop.
This short course is an introduction to creating concept art for video games and films. We will introduce you to the fundamentals of design required to start building a portfolio for the entertainment design industry. This course will be primarily 2D focused and cover as many drawing and design fundamentals as possible over the 12 weeks.
The aim of this course is to cover the core principles required to create the following:
- Sci-fi Crate - line & coloured
- Fantasy building - line & coloured
- Multiple spaceship designs
- Interior spaceship cockpit design
This 12 week online course runs concurrently with Flinders University semesters. Including the two-week mid-semester break, it runs for 14 weeks in total. The course will consist of:
- 12 weekly pre-recorded lectures & demonstrations that will guide you step by step through your projects
- 6 assignments over the course of 12 weeks (one submitted each fortnight, prior to feedback session)
- Live fortnightly 3hr feedback webinars where you will receive feedback on your progress. (see below)
Topics covered over the 12 week course include:
- Learning how to draw, paint & design.
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Interface
- Learn about fantasy & sci-fi design language & how to build your visual library
- 1, 2 & 3 point perspective
- Painting in colour & simple techniques to work with
- Designing spaceships the easy way
- Drawing complicated interior scenes
Tuition Price: $950 AUD.
The hardware requirements for the workshop are:
- Laptop or Desktop PC or MAC (MacBook Pro or i7 PC/laptop with 16GB RAM are recommended).
- Wacom tablet is recommended not required. Any size is good.
- Headset/Microphone so that you can chat with the instructor in fortnightly webinars.
- Notepad and pens/pencils for note-taking.
- Adobe Photoshop.