Intro to Graphic Design
This short course is an introduction to learning vector art in logo design using Illustrator and Photoshop. You will be introduced to different techniques found in both vector and pixel based software, that will allow you to create professional style logos and design presentations for print, web and other applications.
Intro to Graphic Design is recommended for students with beginner to intermediate design skills and experience, and will give you the perfect foundation for your art and design career. The most important ingredient is the desire to learn and create, while using the above software.
The goal of this course is to introduce and teach you all of the core principles required to develop a brand. You will do this by creating your own rebrand of an existing professional sporting club, choosing one of the four well known teams below.
- Sydney Kings - https://www.sydneykings.com/
- West Coast Fever - https://westcoastfever.com.au/
- NSW Swifts - https://nswswifts.com.au/
- Norwich City F.C. - https://www.canaries.co.uk/
This 12 week online course will consist of:
- 12 weekly pre-recorded lectures & demonstrations that will guide you step by step through your projects
- 6 assignments over the course of 12 weeks (one submitted each fortnight, prior to feedback session)
- Live fortnightly 3hr feedback webinars where you will receive feedback on your progress. (See info below)
Topics covered over the 12 week course include:
- Learning how to create a logo from a brief
- Introduction to both Illustrator & Photoshop interfaces
- Creating roughs/concepts to build your ideas
- Working up a chosen concept & exploring the design further
- Using illustration skills in the exploration of primary & secondary logo options within the brand suite
- Working with colour & how it relates to your theme
- Importing your concept & creating final vector art
- Creating promotional images to present the final design
Tuition Price: $950 AUD.
Hardware requirements for the course are:
- Laptop or Desktop PC or MAC (MacBook Pro or i7 PC/laptop with 16GB RAM are recommended).
- Wacom tablet is recommended not required. Any size is good.
- Headset/Microphone so that you can chat with the instructor in fortnightly webinars.
- Notepad and pens/pencils for note-taking.
- Sketchbook for roughs and concepts.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Illustrator.
Live Feedback Session Info
Feedback Sessions for this course will be held fortnightly on Fridays 9am-12pm ACST (UTC +9:30).
As part of the course you have the option to participate in Live Streamed Feedback Sessions. These are live feedback webinars with your industry instructor will provide you with direct feedback on your work. If you can’t attend the session via webcam when it’s live, you will still be able to watch the recorded sessions in your own time.